In Croatia nature is distinguished by rugged rocky coasts, a thousand islands and islets, amazing coasts that Europe can offer, and lush and unusual vegetation. Anyone visiting the country can plunge into the world of Croatia’s natural wonders. Its national parks are the most famous nature reserves, but even in the capital, Zagreb, the nature of Croatia, the photo of which can be seen everywhere, consists of protected regional parks, forests, and mountains.
What are the features of Croatia?
It is extremely difficult to make a list of the best places because the nature of Croatia and Montenegro is characterized by many wonderful places, which makes it difficult to choose. This is a diverse country, full of charming historical cities, karst mountains, dramatic landscapes, the blue Adriatic Sea, amazing waterfalls, beautiful national parks – you can watch the wild nature of Croatia for eternity.
In general, the nature of Croatia is divided into three climatic regions:
- In the north are the Pannonian Plains, lowlands with a continental climate with cold winters + hot summers.
- Central Croatia consists of the mountainous region of Dinara, where the wildlife of Croatia features forests with an alpine climate.
- The Adriatic coast demonstrates a Mediterranean climate with cool and rainy winters and dry, hot summers.
Winter temperatures range from -1 to 30 ° C in the continental region, from -5 to 0 ° C in the mountains, and from 5 to 10 ° C in the coastal areas. Summer temperatures range from 22 to 26 ° C in the continental region, from 15 to 20 ° C in the mountainous regions, and from 26 to 30 ° C in the coastal areas. According to the European Commission in Croatia, the nature and the sea are the cleanest in Europe, and some beaches are the most beautiful in the world.
Croatian wildlife: what are its benefits?
From the shores of the Dalmatian islands washed by the sunny sea, to the top of the Dinara mountain, through swamps filled with the wild nature of Croatia, videos of which you can watch on the Internet – the country’s natural beauty never ends.
You can plunge into one of the most ecologically clean parts of Europe if you allow yourself a vacation in Croatia, whose nature is beautiful. Exploring 8 national parks and 11 natural parks, including Plitvice Lakes, a natural blessing recognized by UNESCO, you can get in touch with the amazing natural world of Croatia in pictures.
Any tourist will feel the energy of a green paradise with an exclusive climate and unique fauna such as vultures, wild horses, bears, dolphins, and flora with 3,000+ different plant species in certain places on Mount Velebit. The nature of Croatia and Montenegro is the best place to find yourself!
What can you see in Croatia?
Stunning parks, cathedrals breathing with history and Roman palaces are some of the main attractions from Zagreb to Dubrovnik. They show amazing natural pictures of Croatia + artificial beauty; some of them were created relatively recently, which makes the current status of the country the main tourist destination in Europe.
The following list contains the photos of the nature of Croatia and Montenegro in the most amazing places:
- Nature of Croatia. Photo of the Blue Caveon the Bishevo Island accessible only by the sea. The name of the cave comes from the light that fills it when the sun is high at noon.
- Nature of Croatia. Kornatiis a chain of 140 islands in Dalmatia, 89 of the islands form a unique park. Boat excursions will allow you to appreciate the nature of Croatia on the islands and the marine life of corals.
- Plitvice Lakes. Photo. It is a green complex consisting of 16 lakes, with an ever-changing color of water and lush forests. Here you can observe 100+ species of plants, and possibly see a lynx or a brown bear. You can preview the nature of Croatia on YouTube.
- Nature of Croatia. Photo of Krka park- located 90 km from Zadar in Skradin. Krka waterfalls are the main attraction. They are created by the Krka River, not lakes. Swimming is allowed in the river.
- Nature of Croatia. Mljetis the park with two salt lakes surrounded by forests. There is an island on the big lake with a Benedictine monastery and a church. The warm lakes have healing properties. The island was infested with snakes until 1910. They disappeared after the appearance of mongooses.
- Nature of Croatia. Brijuniis a line of 14 islands southwest of Pula and the coast of Istria. Brijuni is best known as “Camp David” Tito. The islands are also notable for the history of the Roman settlement. Brijuni is the site of the first golf course. The nature of Croatia is fragrant with a large number of Mediterranean plant species here. There are no permanent residents in Brijuni, and the only way to visit them is by organized tours from the Fažana docks.
- Nature of Croatia. Velebitis a park for active rest. This rugged mountain range is ideal for tourists, cyclists, and photographers. The nature of Croatia, photos, and description will be the most striking here. This is the newest park which is open from May to November depending on weather conditions.
It is difficult to describe all the charms of this region in such a brief review. If you want to know more, watch the video about the nature of Croatia and Montenegro in all its glory.