Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019? Simply put the answer to the question is pleasant – no. This condition applies if the traveler flies to Podgorica or Tivat and intends to stay in the state for up to 30 days.
Those tourists who intend to stay in Montenegro for some time have visa run. That means that they re-cross the border. In this case, the period of stay in Montenegro up to 30 days is re-opened for the travelers.
There is another way to extend the period of stay in the state – a tourist can contact the inspector of foreign affairs for citizens of the Russian Federation. Only the inspector has the right to prolong the stay of a Russian person in Montenegro by more than 30 days.
To get a visa for a longer period, citizens of the Russian Federation apply to the Embassy of Montenegro in Moscow. If a tourist travels abroad by car or by bus, he needs to apply for a transit visa for Hungary and Serbia.
Visa-Free Entry Rules. Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019?
Visa-free entry is an opportunity to travel freely in all regions of Montenegro. Only the stamp on departure and entry in the current passport will testify to the border control crossing.
This is the only document that a Russian tourist needs when crossing the border. Validity of the passport is 90 days after the end of the trip. The certificate of financial solvency, airline tickets, hotel reservations, and other documents are not required.
Features of visa-free entry:
- The validity period of a visa-free regime for citizens of the Russian Federation who are on holiday in Montenegro changes annually. According to the data for 2019, from April 15 to October 31, foreigners had the right to enter the territory of the state for 90 days. From November 1 to April 14 this time is limited to 30 days.
- Every traveler who is in Montenegro with or without a visa is required to register at the Info tourism center on their own within 24 hours after arriving in the country or changing their place of residence. Budva is an exception – more time is given here – up to 72 hours.
- If the tourist does not live in a hotel or a campsite, but in apartments, the owner of this property can register the traveler. In this case, the foreign citizen is not required to visit the local police station.
- Registration is filling out a special form. The information is duplicated in Russian. You should just give the passport to the owner of the apartment. Registration price is 0.8 euros per tourist per day in Montenegro. This money is not included in the initial cost of renting an apartment. Registration is only possible on weekdays; it is not possible to register at weekends.
- After filling in the registration form, the tourist is given a “white cardboard”, which permits to stay in Montenegro.
Holders of Schengen visa, valid visas for the USA and Great Britain can visit Montenegro. When a foreigner travels to Montenegro without a visa to work or study, he will be fined from 200 to 1200 euros. Foreigners can only travel and have a holiday in Montenegro without a visa.
To apply for a national visa for a stay in Montenegro for more than 30 days, citizens of the Russian Federation apply to the Embassy located in Moscow.
Do the Russians need a visa to stay in Montenegro in 2019 for more than 30 days?
Visitors who want to spend more than 30 days in Montenegro without contacting the inspector, and without interrupting their vacation to go to checkpoints at the border, apply for a national visa in Moscow at the official Embassy of Montenegro.
The package of documents is practically the same as for the Schengen visa. The validity of the passport is 3 months at the end of the trip and more. The visa fee is the same as for the Schengen registration.
General information on applying for a national visa
A multivisa is issued for a maximum of 30 days. It takes a week to obtain a document, but in fact – two weeks. The passport is valid for 3 months after the end of the trip. Express visa is not issued.
Types of Visas
According to the legislation of Montenegro, different types of visas are issued in Montenegro: transit, tourist and category D visas.
These are documents of type A and B, which provide for a transit visit to the country:
- Type A visa is issued to travelers who need a transit flight through the state airport. It is prohibited to go outside the airport.
- Type B visa is required for a transit trip with a stay of 5 days. It is valid when the tourist travels between the Balkan countries.
These documents are required for Russian citizens traveling in Montenegro, provided that their trip lasts longer than 30 days. There are also visas for long and short-term holidays in Montenegro.
Tourist visas. Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019?
Type C visas are required for long vacations, the period of which exceeds 1 month. You can stay in Montenegro from 31 to 90 days without a break. Such a document is usually issued for 1 year. If a tourist needs to extend the visa, he should apply for a new visa.
In the Montenegrin visa C category tourists cannot visit the countries of the Schengen zone. Therefore, when a traveler wants to go to Croatia from Montenegro without a Schengen visa, it is necessary to apply for a national Croatian visa.
Type D visa
This document is issued for the implementation of certain goals in Montenegro. With type D visa you can:
- have treatment;
- visit relatives;
- participate in humanitarian or volunteer international programs;
- other reasons.
A type D visa can be a prerequisite for obtaining a residence permit in Montenegro. This state is not included in the Schengen zone, therefore, to travel to the EU countries with a long-term visa you need a special permit.
Visa D category is suitable for trips for more than 90 days. The maximum stay is 180 days during one year.
To obtain this type of visa you should provide:
- labor contracts;
- certificates, documents on admission to the university;
- treatment agreements with medical institutions and sanatoriums;
- other documents that confirm the purpose of the stay.
To travel to Montenegro, you also need a passport and medical insurance.
Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019 when entering the country?
To cross the border with Montenegro, Russian citizens present a passport which does not expire earlier than 90 days after the trip. To have a pleasant and calm holiday register the certificate in advance.
If a foreign citizen intends to stay in Montenegro for more than 90 days in the summer or more than 30 days at other seasons, there must be a visa in the passport. Frontier guards have the right to require confirmation of hotel reservation, a rental contract or the invitation.
At departure at the airport, a charge of 15 euros is charged for each tourist. It can be included in the price of the plane ticket. You can learn about it from your tour operator or guide.
Upon arrival in the country, the registration of the tourist is done independently or by travel agents. Travel agency managers take care of their customers when guests arrive in groups.
The fact that the traveler is legally located on the territory of Montenegro is evidenced by a special coupon, which is popularly called “white cardboard”. A foreign citizen will be fined 200 euros if he/she does not have the “white cardboard”.
Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019? It is determined by the time spent in the country.
Documents required for registration
When you apply for a visa independently at the consulate, you must provide:
- A passport with two or more blank pages, the validity of which is at least 3 months at the end of the trip. Any passport of any sample with or without biometrics is accepted.
- Copy of the passport. It is necessary to make a copy of the first page of the passport with the data of the citizen.
- Application form. The document is filled in English or Montenegrin and Russian. The applicant signs the application form. It is allowed to fill in the application manually and on the computer. If you fill in the application manually you should write with a black or a blue pen in legible handwriting in capital letters.
- Application addressed to the consul where the applicant writes the purpose of the trip, indicates the dates of travel, accommodation information for the entire period of stay. If an application is submitted for a child, the names of accompanying people must be indicated in the document. If you need a visa for a business trip – the application shall indicate the purpose and the details of the company or the individual who invites the traveler. The address of the hotel where the tourist plans to stay is also indicated. There must not be any errors or corrections in the applications.
- Invitation. A copy of the invitation from a private person or a law firm authenticated by the police must be provided. A copy of the contract for renting an apartment, a villa or a flat or a confirmation from the hotel with the details and the name of the person who is responsible for the reservation is also suitable.
- Copies of round-trip airline tickets.
- Certificate of employment confirming financial solvency. Alternatively, there should be a bank statement. It is calculated at the rate of 20 euros per day for one tourist. Pensioners have the right to provide information from their savings book. No evidence is required for minors.
- Two color photos, 3 * 4 cm. Any background is suitable, preferably light, calm facial expression, full-face photograph.
- Check for payment of the fee.
- Certificate of employment in which the position and salary are indicated.
- Up-to-date bank statement less than 6 months old.
- Sponsorship letter for visa.
Biometrics is not required. If travelers come to Montenegro by their car, they need international insurance. The Russian driver’s license is suitable, but it’s better to make an international one. Pets are allowed with a veterinary certificate, which is not more than 3 days old and a passport.
Medical insurance is not a mandatory but a desirable document for travel to Montenegro. It is beneficial for the traveler to have a health insurance policy especially if you plan a long trip. When registering a visa, it is important to have tickets or hotel or flight reservations.
Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019? Travel with a child
When a child travels with one of his parents, the consent of the second parent is not required. If another relative or a coach accompanies the little traveler, a formal notarized consent of the mother or the father is mandatory.
A child older than 14 years old must have his passport. For children under 14, there should be a mark in the parent’s passport with a photograph. If there is no picture, an additional document is required to identify the person.
You can make a personal passport for the child – this will be enough for the trip.
Algorithm for obtaining a visa
To apply for a visa, citizens of the Russian Federation apply to the Embassy of Montenegro, located in Moscow. The tourist should submit the documents personally and at least a month before the trip.
If parents submit documents for children under 18 years of age who also travel abroad, their personal presence at the Embassy is not required. The application is considered within two weeks, after which the applicant obtains a visa or a document with the refusal.
Documents are submitted to the Embassy on Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. In this case, an appointment is not needed, the documents are submitted independently or through an authorized person. When issued by third parties – you must first verify all copies with a notary.
The visa is issued within 1 – 2 weeks. The countdown starts from the day when all documents are submitted to the consul. The document is issued no earlier than 7 days before the start of the trip.
The fee is 62 euros. For children under 14 – it is 32 euros. Payment is made only in currency. You cannot pay in rubles. The fee is paid upon receipt of a visa. That is, if there is a refusal, you do not need to pay for it.
If the applicant does not live in the capital, but in regions – the procedure for submitting documents for a visa is possible with the help of a special delivery service. The cost of additional services of the company starts from 1,600 rubles.
Visa Denial – Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019?
Montenegro is loyal to issuing visas to foreigners, however, denials also occur. The main reasons for a denial may be:
- Criminal record.
- Deceiving consular staff.
- Falsification of a document.
- Individual characteristics of the applicant’s behavior.
- Lack of additional vaccination.
Do the Russians need a visa to travel to Montenegro in 2019? It depends on the time spent in Montenegro. If this is a tourist trip, you do not need to apply for a visa, since the state has a visa-free regime for 30 days for residents of Russia.
Vacationers who like holidays in Montenegro can cross the border after 30 days again and stay for another month. Those who wish to avoid such trips apply for a national visa.
Travelers with Schengen visa do not need additional documents. Montenegro has already signed an agreement to enter the Schengen zone. Therefore, this type of visa is suitable for crossing the border.
It is not difficult to get a visa for a trip to Montenegro – all you need is to collect all the necessary documents and submit them to the Consulate. If everything is correct, the document will be issued in a week or two.
Montenegro is a beautiful land where you can come for a beach holiday, ski resorts, beautiful views, and unique attractions. People also go to Montenegro to study, work and live in one of the most beautiful countries in Europe.